The American Rabbit Breeders Association is committed to the development and expansion of the ARBA Youth Department as a means to engage young rabbit and cavy members in reaching their fullest potential - both as knowledgeable and accomplished participants in the
rabbit/cavy hobby and as responsible adults capable of contributing in positive ways to the hobby and society in general.
ARBA youth activities and contests provide a variety of enrichment activities that encourage youth participants to develop knowledge and skill regarding rabbit and cavy husbandry; responsibility, teamwork, and leadership. These skills enable youth members to thrive and succeed throughout their lives - within and outside of the hobby.
National Convention Youth Contest Results Now Available!
Congratulations to all the winners and participants of the 2013 ARBA Youth Contests! Plan on participating in the 2014 ARBA Youth Contests to be held during the 91st ARBA National Convention to be held in Fort Worth, Texas - November 1 - 5, 2014.
Members who wish to prepare for the 2014 contests may access the 2013 Youth Contest materials below in order to familiarize themselves with the various contest divisions. 2014 forms and contest materials will be posted on this page as soon as they are available. Questions about the ARBA Youth Contests can be directed to the Youth Committee Chair, Tom Berger by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members who's circumstances prevent them from attending a National Convention can still participate!
The following contests DO NOT require actual attendance at the convention:
In addition to the four contests listed above, the Youth Department has several downloadable files to help you suceed when competing in contests, conventions & shows. The Youth Contest Packet includes all youth contest applications and instructions. The guides contain information to help you put your best foot forward. Please download these files below to help give you that "edge". All forms are also available via the main navigation links throughout the website. Just click 'Youth' > 'Youth Contests', then access the individual form or forms you wish.
The following 2013 contest forms are available for download:
(2014 Forms will be posted as soon as they are available)
Return to Top
Return to Royalty Results
The ARBA offers Youth Scholarships each year for those that meet the criteria for eligibility.
- All applications must be submitted on forms obtained from the ARBA office, district Director, ARBA web site or Scholarship committee member. Computer forms will not be accepted unless in original format.
- All applicants must have held continuous ARBA membership for at least three (3) years preceding application for scholarship.
- Applicants must be a graduating senior to be eligible for consideration.
- Applicants must have completed High School with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (unweighted) on a scale of 4.00, and be in the top 50% of graduating class.
- Applicants may be currently enrolled in their first year of advanced education.
- Home schooled applicants are eligible, but must submit SAT or ACT scores, plus a transcript of any advanced education.
- All applications must include a complete High School transcript, plus a transcript of any advanced education.
- Scholarship proceeds may be used to further education at any accredited four (4) year college, two (2) year college, vocational, or technical school.
- Per Article III (l) in the By-Laws of the ARBA Constitution: "Scholarships will be paid to the member upon receipt of confirmation of college enrollment".
- All applications must be sent to the ARBA office by July 31 of application year.
Click below to download or print:
the Youth Scholarship Forms
All forms and downloadable support documents from this page are available in PDF format only.
If you have trouble reading the forms, download the latest Adobe Reader here.
Return to Top